If you are a developer or an entry-level programmer for Mac then text editor is a must for you. Nowadays, the necessity of text editor is essential for any computer user. Any OS has its own built-in tool but most of them have some limitations. If you want more functionality you need the best tool for your work done. Let us look at some of the best text editors for Mac.
Best Text Editors for Mac
Bracket is the simplest and the most famous text editor for Mac. It is an open source and has been developed by Adobe. Bracket is unique from other text editors due to its interface and design. It consists a feature named “Extract” which permits you to take different fonts, colors and measurements. You can use these features and select them from a PSD file interested in a clean CSS file that is prepared to use for a web page. Bracket also consists some other features like extension support, previews and inline editors.
Get it from here
- Fraise is a easy to use and powerful lightweight text editor for Mac OS X.It is designed to neither confuse newcomers nor disappoint advanced users.It has a native Cocoa user interface and supports syntax highlighting for many different programming, script editing and coding languages.
- Fraise is a free text editor for Mac OS X Leopard 10.6 which is both easy to use and powerful. Text editor for Mac OS X Leopard 10.6 which. Programming, script editing, making a to.
Atom is perhaps one of the best code editors for Windows and Mac OS maintained.
Also Read: Best Free PDF Editor For Mac
2. BBEdit 11
BBEdit 11 text editor has to be on this list of best text editors for Mac. It is the most powerful text editor developed by the Bare Bones. It consists rich text and HTML editor which is specially designed for web designers. It also includes various features like searching, modification in text and advanced editing etc. This tool also permits the user to use command files, text, folders and servers in a single utility. The special feature of this Code editor for Mac consists “biggest syntax of text support” along with color coding which helps the user in a good vision of coding.
Get it from here
TextWrangler is the most popular text editor between Mac users after Bracket. Like BBEdit tool, it has also come from the box of Bare Bones. It is the smaller version of BBEdit. TextWrangler is used by most of program designers instead it is not designed for them. It is made for normal user as it can be used for general editing like you can perform the basic function change columns to CSV.
Get it from here
Text Mate is also a free tool for text editing which carries Apple’s tactic to Mac OS into the text editor’s world. This is the most powerful tool for UNIX command with a very interactive GUI. Basically, it is created for novice user and programmers. It consists various features, for example, it permits auto-indentation, word completion, column selection, regular expression support etc. Using this tool, you can build XCode projects. It also contains various themes to look nice.
Get it from here
Also Read: Best Free MP3 Tag Editor For Mac
Atom is the latest text editors for Mac and it is a very advanced text editor from recent periods. Atom is open source and free tool for editing. It is maintained by GitHub. It contains a huge packaged library along with key features like fuzzy search, code folding, quick edition, multiple panes for editing, extension library etc.
6. Sublime Text
Sublime Text Editor is a famous and powerful text editor. It seems user-friendly and simple due to its remarkable interface. Sublime Text Editor supports the same style as code and markup. This best code editor for Mac consists a speediest search engine which offers many shortcuts and amazing features. The tool has a powerful API and a user can customize it as per his need. To use the full features of Sublime Text Editor you need to purchase the full version of it. However, if you wish to use limited functionality, you can use the free version.
Textastic is a versatile cross-platform text editor for all the apple users. We called it versatile due to its availability for all platforms like Mac, iPhone and iPad. It consists a huge collection of features for coders like you can sync all your work done on the cloud, so it will help you to access from anywhere whether you work on iPad or Mac. It will help you for on-the-go edits for the real-quick fix. It is the most versatile tool which supports around 80 coding and markup languages.
Also Read: 15 Best Anti-Malware Software For Mac
8. CodeRunner 2
It is a good choice for the hardcore programmers as it offers more than prose writing. However, it does not have a free version, you need to pay some amount to use this tool. It offers the variety of features like autocomplete for words, symbol navigation, argument execution with input sets, bracket matching, an impressive console, and much more. It is the best tool for Mac which you can use for coding.
MacVim is version of popular Vim text editor for Mac OS X. It is a tool with a full bundle of features and it has the primitive graphical interface. The most important feature of the MacVim is standard shortcuts of OS X keyboard. It has a are transparent backgrounds along with full- screen mode which is very helpful for distraction-free coding. It is the tool which supports tabs and multiple windows with ODB.
Also Read: The Best Antivirus Software For Mac
Emacs is powerful text editor which consists of an effective file manager and customizable keyboard for editing. It includes various specifications with an extension language called Emacs Lisp. File manager of Emacs permits you to distinguish between two files. It also gives you the visual selection and text objects. It is a very good text editor with perfect features.
That’s all folks! These were our best 11 picks in text editors for Mac OS X. We hope this post will helps you decide one from the list of best text editors available for mac. If you have any comment or suggestion you can write in comment section below.
We all love Notepad++ Text Editor! it's the most advance and easy to use editor available and its free!! But it's unfortunate that Notepad++ does not support macOS (Mac OS X) yet! So you have to look for alternatives or equivalents.
Editor Text For Mac Os X 10.13
Alternatives for Notepad++
1. TextEdit: macOS is shipped with TextEdit default editor just like we have Notepad for Windows, it is much better in features as compared to Notepad like support for regular expressions but does not have plugins and other features like syntax highlighting, String operations.
2. Sublime Text: It's one of the best Cross-Platform text editors that are available in the market. Works on All major Operating systems. As Notepad++, Sublime Text does have plugins support which makes it a powerful choice for Mac OS X. Only thing is it has a Proprietary software license.
3. BBEdit: This is yet another good alternative. Features include: Search and replace, syntax colouring for major programming languages, code folding, FTP and SFTP support, AppleScript, macOS Unix scripting support, text and code completion HTML markup tools and pattern (regex) matching support.
4 jEdit : it is a powerful text editor with hundreds of features and plugins. Its a free software and its source code is released under GPL 2.0
- Works on macOS, Unix and Windows Platforms.
- Supports Syntax highlighting for over 200 programming languages.
- Auto Indent feature and Word Wrap
- Its highly configurable and customizable.
- 100s Plugins and Macros supported that can be downloaded using Plugin Manager.
5 Smultron 7 : It is a Paid Text Editor that you can download from the App Store. It is very powerful easy to use editor with many helpful tools.
If you haven't find the right one you are looking here are some more ...
- SubEthaEdit 4
Editor Text For Mac Os X El Capitan
There are a lot of free and paid text editors available for macOS. Though there is no Notepad++ for macOS, you would surely find a substitute.
- There is this community on reddit that says a few names, but you got 15 of them, hmm I would keep vi editor somewere at 5 if you ask me!
- Further comments disabled!
Free Mac Text EditorMore Posts:
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file - MySQL
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired - Android
- No Android device found : Android File Transfer App Mac OS X - Android
- Simple Login Page using Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- JDK Location in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to word wrap in HTML - Html
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook - HowTos
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press - Android
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException - Java
- vi undo command - Mac-OS-X
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Java XML-RPC java.net.BindException: Address already in use - Java
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome