Nas For Mac And Pc Download
Synology NAS is designed to make storing and sharing files within your local network quick and simple, allowing you to directly access shared folders and files on the Synology NAS without going through the hassle of logging into DSM everytime. For example, you'll be able to store files to your Synology NAS with Finder just like other network devices.
Access Shared Folders with Mac OS
- Open Finder on your Mac computer.
- Find the menu bar along the top of the screen.
- Click Go and select Connect to Server.
- Enter the IP address for your Synology NAS, preceded by 'afp://' For example, 'afp://192.168.59.121'. Click Connect to continue.
- Enter your DSM username and password. Your user account must have the proper read/write privileges for the shared folder that you wish to access. Click Connect to continue.
- Finally, if your user name credentials are correct, you will now see your Synology NAS listed under the Shared section of your Finder window. Double-click the shared folder to explore its contents.
Hi - I'm now working (at home) from my 250Gb MacBook Pro (2013), and sorely miss the multiple HDs on my old Mac Pro. Trying to hang USB HDs from my laptop is getting rather frustrating, so I'm looking at getting a decent NAS – attached to my BT fibre router.
Ideally it would act as a Time Machine backup as well as accessible storage – and great if it can support my two children for automatic backups of their machines (one has a MacBook, the other a PC). I'd like a RAID 1 setup, with at least 2 x 3Tb of HD storage. Doesn't have to be madly fast - I'm not going use it as a video server, just music for my Sonos system. But would need to be able to access it online. (I do have a 2Gb Time Capsule from my old house, but it's not large enough for all my stuff now – but it could be used purely as a Time Machine backup for myself and my daughter. Can't help feeling it would be better to sell it to fund a decent NAS.)
What's my best bet? Synology? WD Cloud (the latest ones)? I'd rather not have to spend ages configuring it, and don't think I need any enterprise features. Thanks very much for any suggestions - need to be available in the UK...
Nas For Mac And Pc Free
Most of the hard drives here will work across platforms - whether you have a Windows PC, Mac computer, PlayStation 4 or Xbox - so long as the drives are correctly formatted for the right platform. Designed to suit the storage needs of various types of computer users, the Synology 2 bay NAS Diskstation DS218+ is perfect for your needs. It comes with a powerful dual-core processor, that is ideal for both home users and small businesses. Furthermore, the NAS has a next-generation file system that provides high level data protection. Access Shared Folders with Mac OS. Open Finder on your Mac computer. Find the menu bar along the top of the screen. Click Go and select Connect to Server. Enter the IP address for your Synology NAS, preceded by 'afp://' For example, 'afp://192.168.59.121'. Click Connect to continue.