[KB2504] ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X FAQ
Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Download the newest version that can be activated with a purchased license or as a free 30-day trial Download Now. Secures Windows, Mac, Android and Linux devices. More about ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM. For Windows For Windows. ESET Smart Security Premium EDITION 2020. Ultimate protection. Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus. This product is available only for Windows computers/laptops. Protect your Android devices for FREE with ESET Mobile Security. Looking to protect your Mac or Linux devices? Your license will also work to activate our Mac and Linux products.
Limited and Basic Support for version 4.x
This article applies to version 4.x products. Version 4 is in Basic Support status and is no longer available for download. Technical Support is no longer available and no bugs will be fixed.
Version 4.1 is in Limited Support Status. Technical Support is still available, but not all bugs will be fixed. This product will not support new versions of operating systems.
- To see the list of products and dates for ESET end-of-life, visit ESET End of Life policy (Business products)
- See installation instructions for ESET Endpoint Security for macOS
Eset Nod32 Download 64 Bit
- When will ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac version 5 be available?
ESET has released the version 6 business products December 11th, 2014, in North America. ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X replaces ESET NOD32 Business Edition for Mac OS X and ESET Endpoint Security for OS X is a new product offering.
For more information about the new version 6 business products, see What's new in ESET version 6 business products.
- What is ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac brings the protection of ESET NOD32 Antivirus that Windows users have trusted in and depended on: the smart proactive detection and the small footprint of our ThreatSense® technology. ESET NOD32 Antivirus protects you and your network from emerging and cross-platform (i.e. Windows, Linux, Mac) threats without system slowdowns. Advanced heuristic technology recognizes and removes new threats.
- OS X is a very secure operating system. Why do I need an antivirus product for it?
Home users and Business users that share files and/or email between Mac and other platforms such as Windows or Linux can potentially spread threats without knowing or being affected themselves.
- Is there an ESET Smart Security for Mac?
No, ESET Smart Security for Mac does not currently exist. However, ESET Endpoint Security for OS X is the version 6 business security suite product that complements ESET Smart Security home edition.
- Is there a Mac ESET security product for home users?
Yes, ESET Cyber Security for Mac (Home Edition) is available. Visit the ESET Cyber Security for Mac FAQ for information on the home edition.
- What languages will be available for ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
The latest version is available in English, French, French-Canadian, Spanish and several others. You will select your preferred language from the drop-down menu of available languages at the time of download.
- Where can I purchase and download ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac is no longer available for download.
ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS is available for purchase and download at https://www.eset.com/us/business/endpoint-security/mac-antivirus/. You can also contact your local distributor or reseller to purchase the product.
- Which operating systems are supported?
Intel-based Macs running OS X Leopard 10.5, Snow Leopard 10.6, Lion 10.7, Mountain Lion 10.8, OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Yosemite (10.10) are supported.
- How do I update my ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
Your product will update automatically after installation. If you did not set up your username and password during installation, click here for illustrated steps on how to do so.
For free product upgrades to the latest version available, see the following ESET Knowledgebase article: Do I have the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac OS X?
- How do I scan my Mac with ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
The real-time scanner built into ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac protects you as you use your Mac. It will also scan your computer upon system start up. You can also create a scheduled scan to run at different time intervals or run an On-demand computer scan.
- Are 3rd party tools such as Apple Remote Desktop and LANDesk compatible with ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
Yes, Apple Remote Desktop and LANDesk are compatible with ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac.
- How do I purchase licenses for my business which runs both PC and Mac?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac licensing and seat count is the same as for our Windows products. However, Small Business Bundles for Mac are not available. You can contact your local ESET representative, distributor or reseller to purchase license packages to cover your Mac workstations and your PC workstations.
- How do I remotely manage ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition for Mac?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac can be remotely managed through ESET Remote Administrator 220.127.116.11 and later. For more information see the ESET Remote Administrator Installation Manual and User Guide.
Remote installation for ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac can be performed using 3rd party tools such as Apple Remote Desktop and LANDesk after the creation of remote installation package. Click here for illustrated steps on how to remotely install or uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac using Apple Remote Desktop.
- I am using dual-boot software such as Mac Boot Camp, do I need separate licenses for my Mac operating system and for my Windows operating system?
Yes, you will need to purchase ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Mac and an ESET security product for Windows.
- Is there an ESET security product for the iPhone?
No, an ESET security product for the iPhone does not currently exist.