“It's just awesome to look at. You can even change what [part of the Earth] is in the middle of the screen. … Go ahead and buy it, It'll make your screen a little better.”
“Does everything it says, runs well and isn't CPU intensive. I like it and find it so cool to see where it's light and dark out. … If you like what you see in the screenshots, get it; I really enjoy it.”
“Pretty slick app, enhances your desktop the way it should be. Mother Earth from a satellite! Try it, you'll love it!”
Choose from 4 gorgeous daylight maps:
Live street view live satellite map planet earth free download - Street View Live With Earth Map Satellite Live, Street view live & earth map satellite, Street view live map: Satellite earth map.
- Click here and download the Planet Earth graphic Window, Mac, Linux Last updated 2020 Commercial licence included.
- Make use of Google Earth's detailed globe by tilting the map to save a perfect 3D view or diving into Street View for a 360 experience. Digital version of our planet.
Planet Earth For Mac Download
- Planet Pixel Emporium by James Hastings-Trew.
- Natural Earth raster map.
- NASA Blue Marble satellite image from 2002.
- NASA Blue Marble Next Generation satellite image from 2005.
See Earth at night.
A beautiful image of Earth's city lights by NASA Visible Earth.
Show your location on Earth.
Using Apple’s Core Location technology (Internet access required).
See how the sun moves across the sky.
Day/night areas are updated in real-time. Optionally, switch to interactive mode to simulate any time and date.
Follow the seasons.
As the sun illuminates different portions of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Take screenshots of the map.
Save a snapshot of the current map to an image file. Great for sharing via Facebook and Twitter.
Planet Earth For Kids
Set it up the way you like it:
- Live preview in Preferences panel.
- Choose the map you like best.
- Show the Blue Planet icon in the Dock and/or the menu bar.
- Center the map on your location or have it always follow the sun’s tracks.
- If you have multiple monitors, select the one Blue Planet should use.
- Optionally launch Blue Planet automatically when you start up your Mac.
- Show the entire Earth (with black borders) or fill the screen.
- Have the map cover the icons on your Desktop (for a clean look) or place it behind the desktop icons.