- Then unzip with 7-Zip and find the VMware Tools iso here (not sure which is best darwin or darwinPre15.iso (not sure if it references VMware workstation version or MacOS version, i’d guess Mac OS version): com.vmware.fusion.zipcom.vmware.fusionpayloadVMware Fusion.appContentsLibraryisoimagesdarwin.iso.
- Download macOS Unlocker for VMware Workstation 11/12/14/15; Mac OS X Yosemite on VMware. Before going to create a VMware virtual machine. Firstly, you need to download the Mac OS X Yosemite DMG file, then after the downloading is done, therefore, you will see that the file is compressed.
VMware Fusion Pro and VMware Fusion Player Desktop Hypervisors give Mac users the power to run Windows on Mac along with hundreds of other operating systems, containers or Kubernetes clusters, side by side with Mac applications, without rebooting.
- A PC running Windows x86 or x64
- VMware Workstation 8
- Download the following files:
- Mac OS X Lion VMware Files.exe (Size: 2.42MB)
- Mac OS X Lion Retail Bootable .vmdk (For VMware) (A bit torrent of size 4.12GB)
For illustration purpose, the following example will attempt to patch VMware Workstation 8 binary files:
- First, extract the download file Mac OS X Lion VMware files.exe.using any file archive utility like 7-Zip or double click the .exe to extract the files.
- Open command prompt (cmd) in Administrator Account.
- Navigate to extracted folder “VMware Workstation Unlocker - Windows' and run install.cmd:
Prepare a Mac OS X machineExtract pre-configure Mac OS X Lion VMware workstation files from Mac OS X Lion VMware Files.exe in a new folder:
Start the virtual machine Mac OS X Lion.vmx. A dialog prompt for the virtual machine instance state:
Press “I copied it” button to state the virtual machine is a cloned instance.
Prepare Mac OS X InstallationThe machine setting may change to suit the environment. e.g.: Memory size.
Next, add Mac OS X Lion Installer disk (Mac OS X Lion Installer.vmdk) by creating a new VMware hard disk.
Start Mac OS X MachinePower on the virtual machine. A Mac OS X installation screen should appear as follow:
Prepare a disk for Mac OS X installationNext, start Disk Utility to prepare a disk for Mac OS X installation:
Create a new Mac OS X partition by using the Erase option. A label for the new disk may specify in the option:
Confirm the Erase operation:
Reinstall Vmware Tools Mac
Start Mac OS X InstallationFollow the screen instruction to continue Mac OS X installation:
Confirm the installation on the new disk created:
The installation may take a while to finish:
Finish Mac OS X InstallationFinally, the Mac OS X installed and the first screen appear as follow:
VMware tools provide few GUI enhancement experience for Mac OS X guest. Download VMware tools ISO for OS X here. Follow the following steps to install VMware tools in OS X:
- Extract a ISO file (darwin.iso) from the zip archive file
- Mount the ISO file to Mac OS X Guest operating system
- Start Mac OS X guest system.
- Open Finder from OS X desktop and select CD/DVD ROM device.
- Double click Install VMware Tools icon to start VMware tools installation
- Follow the screen instruction to complete installation.
- How To Install Fully Functional Mac OS X Lion Virtual Machine inside Windows 7 [UPDATE: 10.7.3]. URL: http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php/2011/09/how-to-install-fully-functional-mac-os-x-lion-virtual-machine-inside-windows-7/
IIf you have accomplished with macOS Mojave installation, here’s what you need to do next.
Just like every other operating system, when you’re done with installation, you may probably want to install drivers particularly for every single feature you want to use. However, when you install macOS Mojave, you’ll definitely want the tremendous features. In this case, you’ll need to install the drivers to work with. These features are the important part of every operating system you want to use. In fact, for the very best experience, you’ll definitely want those great features. With these features, you’ll be able to get the best out of the macOS Mojave.
When it comes to macOS Mojave, there’s a large number of fresh features and designs with advanced security. In this case, you’ll need to install the drivers for the specific feature but here’s the good news. Fortunately, there’s an efficient tool to do that. This tool ‘VMware Tools’ integrated into VMware, is a package or collection of handful of features and improvements. This includes, sound, network, graphics, speed, drag and drop and more. In this tutorial, I will help you install VMware Tools on macOS Mojave on VMware, let’s dive in.
Install VMware Tools on macOS Mojave
When you have installed macOS Mojave successfully, you’re ready to go.
First of all, launch VMware and switch on the macOS Mojave virtual machine and let it boot up.
Power on VM
When the screen appeared, sign in and go to VM and select Install VMware Tools.
On the VMware Tools window that will pop up, select and double-click on Install VMware Tools.
Install VMware Tools
Once you’ve selected, the Install VMware Tools wizard will open up. On the first introduction page, you don’t have to do anything, just continue.
Next, choose whether to install for all users or only for you on this computer and Continue.
The installation type confirms that this will perform a installation which may take some space, Continue.
When the installation, success message appears, unfortunately, you may see a pop up ‘ System Extension Blocked ‘. On that, click Open Security Preferences.
On the security & privacy window, click Allow button to enable the VMware extension install VMware Tools.
Close the window from the top right corner exit button and click Restart on the wizard.
After you’ve restarted, you should witness the great features you’ve ever seen. Just like, sound, full-screen resolution, network, drag, and drop and more.
In case, if the error appears again after you have restarted, you’ll need to allow the extension block and reinstall the VMware Tools. Go ahead and click Open Security Preferences.
System Extension Blocked
Once the window opens, Allow the VMware, Inc to enable VMware Tools installation.
All right! You’ve fixed this, simply reinstall the VMware Tools installation and you’re good to go. For this, navigate to VM and Reinstall VMware Tools.
Reinstall VMware Tools
From the window, select Install VMware Tools and enter.
In this step, proceed with the installation as regular and when finished, restart your macOS Mojave VM.
Vmware Tools Mac Latest Version
When you’ve restarted, you’ll witness the superb result in front of you with the full-screen resolution edge to edge display.
From now on, you can experience the macOS Mojave with its superb features just like on Mac. Including you’ll have full screen, sound, Siri, drag & drop and every feature you want to use.
With that done, it’s probably a good idea to back up your virtual machine with a snapshot.
Take and Use Snapshots on VMware
Well, hope you’ve installed the tools correctly. If you have questions, suggestions, and ideas for improvement, feel free to let us know by comment.