- WD Elements / WD easystore; Embedded & Removable Flash; WD ReadyView. Western Digital Dashboard. Software for Mac GoodSync for WD. Install WD Discovery for Mac. WD Drive Utilities for Mac. WD Security for Mac. Product Firmware Product. If your product is.
- Turn on Your Mac and Log In. Plug in your WD My Passport’s USB cable into its Micro USB B port.
- Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows
- File Size: 606 KB
Release Date: 2/27/2020Release Notes
DescriptionThis is a Windows version of the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. It will test WD internal and external drives. In additional, it can provide you with the model and serial of WD drives attached to the system.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 32/64-bit versions
- Windows 7 32/64-bit versions
- Windows Vista 32/64 bit versions
- Windows XP 32/64-bit versions
- Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_vx_xx.zip
- Extract and run the program, WinDlg_vx_xx.exe. If running Windows Vista (or later), you will need to Right-Click on the WinDlg_vx_xx.exe file and choose to Run As Administrator.
- Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
- On the main program screen, there are two windows. In the top window, you will see the drives in your system that are available for testing. The model number, serial number, capacity, and SMART status of each drive will be displayed. In the bottom window, the partition information for the selected drive will be displayed.
- Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
- When you select the run tests icon, the 'DLGDIAG - Select an Option' window appears.
- You will see the following options:
- QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard information contained on the drive.
- EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours to complete depending on the size of the drive.
- ERASE - writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system and data will be lost.
- VIEW TEST RESULT - displays the latest test results.
- Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.
- When the test completes, you will be notified with a pass/fail message. Click the Close button.
|Model #||Interface||Capacity||Operating System|
|WDBU6Y0050BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||5 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBU6Y0040BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||4 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBU6Y0030BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||3 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBU6Y0020BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||2 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBU6Y0015BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||1.5 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBUZG0010BBK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||1 TB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBUZG7500ABK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||750 GB||Windows®/Mac®|
|WDBUZG5000ABK||USB 3.0 (USB 2.0)||500 GB||Windows®/Mac®|
Wd Elements Se Ntfs Driver For Mac
Wd Elements Driver For Mac
Top Level View of Formatting WD Elements for a Mac and a PC. Connect up your WD Elements drive to your Mac. You use Disk Utility. First to format your WD Elements external drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) file system. Then you quickly follow up by formatting to ExFAT.